About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Treasure Hunting Fish!!

This week found me heading outside in the beautiful sunshine to fish. I got my fishing gear together (a bottle of water, toasted corn and bait) and I was ready to catch a whooper. My bait started out being Hillshire Farm Little Smokies. After about an hour of nothing, I switched bait. I then went to rotisserie chicken skin. These fish are feed with kitchen scraps so they love people food....usually. I couldn't even catch a turtle!!! That is unusually too for the turtle not to bother you while you are fishing. I finally gave up on the fishing. I mean if my cork isn't going to bob up and down once in while...what is the use???

My fishing hole...the pond in the back yard. I almost whistled the "Andy Griffith Show" theme song as I was walking to the pond.

That is my poor little cork waiting for some action out on the water...but nothing!!!
Another view of my fishing hole, as I walked around the whole pond trying to find just the perfect spot. Big bass were jumping, but they didn't jump on my hook.
As you can see, I use a cane pole. I like this better than the rod and reel. I went to fish and my hook was broke. Started off having to fix my pole. Should have known it was going to be a rotten day for fishing. Not one bite!!!

After my fishing expedition was over, I took a quick shower and decided to go treasure hunting at my favorite thrift store, The Whispering Pines Thrift Store that is located on the Vass/Carthage Rd. I love this store. I haven't been in a while because I find more treasure than I have room for at home. Today I was looking for things to go outside that I might could redo or repaint, but found nothing. I did hit the jackpot though.

This was my jackpot load from treasure hunting. I spent a whole$2.25 for everything pictured. I just hate to pay retail sometimes.

I found 2 records that I thought we would like. We have a thing that does records, tapes, CD's and radio, so we buy records to listen to at times. One is Julie London. I got this because Mark and I love to watch Emergency (the show from the 70's), and she plays Nurse Dixie McCall on Emergency. She was known more for her singing than acting until she starred on that show. She was also married to Bobby Troup on that show who played Dr. Early in real life. Jerry Reed was the other record...I thought Mark would like this one. These were 25 cents each.

I found a very nice Vera Bradley clutch (5o cents)...guess where it is going? And I got Mark this very nice looking Jerry Garcia tie(25 cents).

A pair of Zephz tennis shoes. A whole 50 cents spent on these. These are actually cheer leading shoes when I googled them. LOL They retail for about $49.99. I think I will be able to get my 50 cents worth out of them.

A pair of Easy Spirit tennis shoes for me for the unbelievable price of 50 cents. I love finding tennis shoes at the thrift store. I don't feel bad when they wear out knowing that I don't have that much money invested in them.


I didn't find anything to go outside like pots or some small wicker pieces, but I don't think that I did bad. I know some people who think that shopping at a thrift store is beneath them, but who doesn't like to save money? Well, I know one person who once said that if they had to use a coupon to go out to eat, then they would stay home. I thought you big dummy...you don't want to save money?? How ignorant can one be? We had a friend to buy one of those attraction books for Wilmington, and we have used lots of coupons out of it. It allows you not only to save money, but also try new restaurants without paying full price. You might not like them, but this way you only paid for one meal. I try to save whenever I can. I don't have to have a pair of shoes right now, but when I wear my other ones out...I have not one but two pair for a whole buck.
















No comments:

Post a Comment