About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Yard Finds!!!

This Saturday I found my self going to few yard sales over in Whispering Pines. There were lots of yard sales in Pinehurst, but I didn't have time to go over and check those out this weekend. I love going to yard sales to see what fantastic finds that other people are just giving away. I did pretty well at the 2 sales that I stopped at this weekend.



Jean pocketbook for $1. I have been wanting one of these since I wear lots of jeans and denim capri's.

A bun warmer for .50. My in laws has one of these and they keep biscuits in theirs. This will keep any kind of bread from drying out and you just warm it up on the stove.
2 patriotic porch decorations for .10 each. A CD and a book for .10 each.


Sterling silver hook earrings for .25. After sanitizing them and polishing them with a silver cloth, they look great.



A great pair of summer shoes, that had never been worn for $1.


I found this little wire container for .25 to hold my nail polish in. I have one at home that holds my lipstick. They are a neat trick...made for the bathroom, but they work great to hold make up.


3 book for .10 each. One is a cookbook that has some great recipes and the other is a Southern Living gardening book. I love Debbie Macomber and I haven't read this book yet.


I didn't do too bad this weekend, I spent a whole $3.70 for all that I bought. I also found a garment bag that matches my weekend luggage for $1.50 at the Whispering Pines Thrift store on Friday. Thrift stores and yard sales sure helps your money go farther. I love buying books at sales, because I just read them and pass them a long. It wasn't the biggest yard sale run that I have done, but I was happy with my yard finds.




2 comments:

  1. I thought of you at one yard sale in West End - they were selling a Vera Bradley bag (I think it was a diaper bag) and I wondered if you would have bought it to sell. I thought it was overpriced but I can't even remember how much they were selling it for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diaper bags are over $100 and retired ones go great. I probably would have snagged it if it was in good condition.

    ReplyDelete