About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, April 23, 2010

Out of Bread???

Yesterday I found myself with lots of morning errands to run, and no time to get my orders out in the morning as usual. After quickly completing all my morning task, I came home to start packing Ebay orders. Mark was off yesterday, and suggested that I pick up some lunch and bring home. No problem. After going to the post office, I called in Mark's order at a local restaurant. I had my mouth set on a sub. I bounced into Subway ready to place my order. Instead of getting my roast beef on Italian herb and cheese bread. I am greeted with, "we're out of bread." Okay, I am no genius but that is essential to making a sub...you have got to have bread!!! This was 1:10 in the afternoon and these employees had let the bread run out? How hard is it to realize that the bread that we have is getting low, so we might need to pop some more in the oven??? Then it hit me...no bread, no customers equals no work. They very happily told me that they were out of bread, I might add, and went on chatting and giggling. This is the third time this has happened to me in the last 2 months at this Subway. The poor owners who are paying their salary as they stand around watching bread bake is going in the hole. No bread means no subs, which means they aren't making a dime (people don't come to Subway to get just a drink or chips) while that bread bakes, but they are paying inefficient employees whose carelessness and disregard to detail gets paid for nothing. I am not sure how long it takes to bake the bread nor do I have any idea how many customers were turned away. You would think that in this bad economy when jobs are so hard to find, that people would value the one that they have?? I guess not because they very cheerfully shouted, "we're out of bread"!!!

1 comment:

  1. This happened to us recently at the Subway on US 1! They had only one type of bread left and it was only about 5pm. We asked how long it would take to make more and the girl rolled her eyes and said, "Too long." Pattern at Subway? I hope not.

    ReplyDelete