About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Weekend Chaos!!

A few months back or so, I blog about never finishing a projects and not accomplishing much. Well, this weekend was the grand slam championship of getting things done. We decided to go home on Thursday afternoon instead of Friday morning, so we could have an extra day to do everything. Boy, that was a smart idea. We stopped and picked up pizza for supper on Thursday and just rested up that night as we planned our attack. When we got home, my daddy had mowed most of our yard...THANKS!!! That was our biggest project to do this weekend. My first order of business as usual is where am I going to eat the next day? I mean you have to get your priorities right. Jimbo's sounded great and it was near to a lot of places I was going to go shopping.

Friday morning found us at Jimbo's for breakfast. I had the super omelet, which is shrimp, tomatoes and feta cheese. It was delicious. We ate lunch there on Monday as well. First time we had eaten anything except breakfast there. We got fried chicken, 3 vegetables and bread for $6.95....not a bad deal.

After our delicious breakfast, we headed to Old Time Pottery where I completed one thing on my to do list. I bought new cushions for my wicker furniture. I mean the other cushions looked like pancake city they were so flat. Not a bad deal either 4 cushions for under $40. Next time, I need to paint the wicker furniture. Then it was to the bank and oh...we forgot it was time to get Mark's blood checked. Then over to the farm supply where I bought tons of flowers and forgot that we were in the short van and it was full of cushions already. That made it real cozy in the van.

These are some of the flowers I bought. I plant geraniums in pots and place them in my flower bed. I also bought 12 trays of impatiens to plant as a border. It was not difficult to tell that not everything was going to get planted on Saturday. That day found me at Burgaw Milling buying potting soil, and then back home to plant my little heart out. I saved 12 trays of bordering flowers to plant on Monday. I always buy lots and never realize that you have to plant what you buy....oh well!! Yard work is never ending.

After buying the potting soil on Saturday, I set off to plant everything. Well, those were my intentions anyway. I still needed to treat my fire ant hills since there was no rain fore casted and poison ivy was taking over in some places, so out came the round up. I sprayed everything that looked like poison ivy and everything that looked like it might like to be poison ivy...in other words, everything got sprayed. Mark did all the mowing and the trim work. Finally everything was looking good and not like a jungle. I opened my big mouth this weekend and said that I would cook since we had so much to do. NOT SMART!!! I did simple things like wings, salad, asparagus and lots of things bought at Costco's on Friday. Lots of laundry to do and a bag of receipts and papers to be shredded. I also brought a ton of things back home that I now had to find a place for now. No more room in my shoe rack...does that mean that I can't buy anymore shoes? I didn't think so. LOL

Wisteria that borders our road. I think that it is just beautiful.


An up close look at those gorgeous flowers.

It took some time this weekend to finally get everything done that we set out to do. It is amazing how fast those few days at home can fly by. The inside of the house I tried to keep clean so we wouldn't have to do much before we left. All plants were planted, fire ants treated and the poison ivy sprayed. I even weeded my flower bed. It was just chaos this weekend trying to get things done, plus let me add that it was a great weekend on Ebay; so I was constantly sending invoices to my customers and answering questions. I even read 4 books this weekend. Lots accomplished, but lots awaited us as we hit the road to Moore County. I arrived to over 60 Ebay orders that needed to be packed, not to mention all my inventory that needs to be listed. I hit the ground running, and then really worked my Postmaster today. I might need to bake them some more cookies. Mark got a call from an old friend needing someone to drive their log truck while their driver takes chemo. So Mark left out this morning to go a drive a log truck. We ended a busy weekend to pick up on an even busier week.



Keep on truckin' Mark!!!





1 comment:

  1. I just love your wisteria, just beautiful!!! It's tough keeping up with two places. We inherited Jason's grandmother's place, and now we are going to have to do the up keep on it. It's going to be tough. Looks like you got a lot accomplished!

    ReplyDelete