About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, April 2, 2010

Mama's Kitchen

Have you ever been somewhere to eat, and it was so good that you just had to tell others about the place? Well, that is how I feel about Mama's Kitchen located on Union Church Rd in Vass. Not only is the food great, but the staff is wonderful. Such effort taken with the tiniest details to make sure your dining experience there is grand. They have unbelievable low prices. I love whole flounder and you can get it there for $8.95, that is for a small plate...which is one whole flounder (and the flounder is not small at all). The large whole flounder plate is $11.95, but it is 2 whole flounders. That is a great price if 2 people wanted to share. I have started getting the fried chicken. It has the crispiest skin and is so moist. You can get a 2 piece plate (any 2 pieces you want, even 2 breast) for $5.50 or get the 4 piece plate(still any 4 pieces you want) for $6.95. You can share this plate, and eat so cheap. We love eating there....go give it a try one night.

Mama's Kitchen is more than seafood!!!
Mama's Kitchen is so delicious. Located on Union Church Rd in Vass.
This has become one of my favorite things to eat there...FRIED PICKLES!!! They are so delicious and not greasy. I love these, and most places theier pickles are too greasy to eat, but not at Mama's Kitchen.
My fried chicken plate. I got a breast and a leg this go round. It takes right at 20 minutes for it to cook when you order. It is made to order. If you don't want to wait, call ahead and order. That is what I do. I call and tell them that I will be dining in, but I want to put my order in for some good old fried chicken.

They have wonderful hush puppies there.
Mark got a small baby flounder plate which is $6.25, and it comes with 4 pieces of fish. They are so good.
The lady standing is Cathy. She has been our waitress everytime we've eaten there. After our first visit, we didn't have to tell her our drink order anymore. She automatically brings it to our table. She knows what we are going to order as well, except I keep changing my order each time. She is the best.
This is a great restaurant for the whole family to enjoy. Choose from grilled chicken, fried chicken, barbecue, seafood, fried pickles, oyster stew, chef salad, marinated chicken salad, hamburgers and lots lots more. They also have a country buffet from 11 am to 2 pm, but we have never been....I have been told how delicious the buffet is there. Well, I guess the pig-fest continues here on my blog. Tomorrow, I hope to show you more treasures that I found today.





















2 comments:

  1. Cathy is our waitress, too! She is the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say what Renee said! Haha! I'll tell you one negative thing about Mama's Kitchen - too hard to decide which thing to order! I want one of everything on the menu! SO GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete