About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Sunday, April 25, 2010

So Blessed!!!

Yesterday I was scheduled to perform my comedy routine at White's Memorial Baptist Church in Frankinville. It was an all day Ladies Conference that was just grand. Cheryl Gilmore did her teapot ministry, which is an amazing ministry that she does. She has different teapots and she relates them to scripture and women in the bible. Sylvia Pusser also spoke, she did her testimony and how the cross changed her life. At the end she gave us an index card with a hole punched in the corner. We were to write down a prayer request or a burden that wasn't allowing us to move on and then hang in on the cross. It was such a freeing experience. I just loved this conference. Instead of being someone who brought joy and laughter to others, I was deeply ministered to yesterday. I just fell in love with Gaye and Donna, the pastor and associate pastor wives, they were so nice and loving. This church reminded me of the church we pastored up in Columbus, Midway Baptist. There was an incredible spirit in this church. Ladies were going to the altar with their burdens and others were coming up behind them to pray for them. It was just unbelievable. It has been a long time since I had experienced the moving of the spirit with such power as I did yesterday. The ladies of the church did a fantastic job of putting on an elegant lunch complete with tea cups that we got to take home (guess what you are getting for Mother's Day, Mom??). It was just a wonderful time with fellow Christian ladies as we laughed and cried together. I just want to say THANK YOU to ladies of that church for inviting me to speak at their conference, and to say thanks to Patty Chriscoe who got the ball rolling on this ministry. We never know what God has in store for us, when we allow Him to use us for His glory.



White's Memorial Baptist Church in Frankinville, NC.
It was a wonderful experience being a part of their Ladies Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment