About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Got Caught!!!

I went yesterday to Southern States and purchased myself a new Zebco 33 rod and reel, hooks, weights and all the things I needed to land a big one. I came back home and quickly set to work getting my rod and reel ready to catch some fish. I purchased what I thought were purple worms...turned out to be purple lizards. I gave them a try anyway. I got a couple of strikes with them, but couldn't never hook one. Then I decided to go to a cork and some bait. Earlier this week, I had no luck on the bait I was using, so I changed. I got a piece of raw bacon....like I said before these fish are feed scraps, so they love people food.


Back at the fishing hole after having no luck earlier this week.

This small big mouth bass pulled the cork down under the water time I got it in and the line set. I now had the fishing fever....he only weighed 1 1/2 lbs. I do catch and release, so all fish went back to their home.



Not 5 minutes later, I was pulling this beauty in as well. I was so excited that I almost dropped my reel. He weighed a little over 2 lbs.



This one fought a little harder....and I got so tired that I forgot to weigh him.


By the time I hooked this one, I was beside myself with excitement He weighed just a hair under 4 lbs. And boy did he put up a fight. Had to fix my reel after struggling with him over 5 minutes.



Look at that big mouth on him!!!


As much a fight as those bass put up, they don't compare to a bream. A bream fights like you have a whale on your line. I just knew I had the granddaddy of all bass, and this is what I finally pulled up. LOL


This nice size bream put up just as big a fight as the first one. I often wonder if I am catching the same fish over and over since I release them right away. But I think this is a different one...he had no fear in his eyes, more like shock...I got caught??? LOL


Then my nemesis comes and finally finds my hook!!!


You can see my bait in his mouth (the white stuff). I quit after this, because he broke my line, and I was tired of fixing it. I got him all the way up on the bank and he tried to bite me, broke the line and went back in the water with my hook still in his mouth. I didn't even get a chance to get it out.


As you can see people food does work. My secret bait today was raw bacon. It sticks on a hook like cement and the fish love it. My new rod worked wonders today. I am so glad that I went and bought me one. I love to fish, but refuse to fish with someone who won't bait their own hook or take their fish off the line. There's nothing like getting caught up in fishing fever.










No comments:

Post a Comment