About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, April 5, 2010

Friends!!!

I once thought that when you became friends with someone, you would stay friends forever. True and false. I don't think you lose your friendship completely, but the relationship changes. You see all this BFF from high school kids and some of that will stay true and some won't. Facebook is guilty for this subject. I have reconnected with people from high school and all the places we have lived. I have also found friends that I didn't know before Facebook. We meet people all the time. I have 4 friends on Facebook that are a result of Ebay and 2 friends on there that I have met through my other friends on Facebook. I met one friend through her blog and getting to know her through her writing. People come and go in our lives and our degree of closeness changes, most of the time. I had a best friend in high school whom I spent all my free time with back then. She married and I married...I moved away..20 years past. We found each other on Facebook, and while we are still friends, the closest we once shared is gone. That is to be expected. I have also found that you aren't meant to be friends with someone forever, but it is nice to have friends that stick around. I know that God sends you some friends when you really need someone, and they are there for a season, and the time that we need them. I am friends with people now that I went to in high school with, but barely knew back then. There is a difference in being friends at 16 and at 39. Some have grown into an adult that I don't recognize or can't identify with now. I mean, I am not the same person I was at 16. Friends grow up and start their adult life with their own mind and ideas. Sometimes that makes you closer to someone and sometimes that drives a wedge between you. For example if your whole life is a party and the bar scenes, chances are we are not going to be bosom buddies. We have no common interest. Then I have 2 friends that I have known all my life. We don't always talk, but when we do it is like we have never been apart. These are my BFF. Thanks Karon and Barbara for always being there through the years. Friends are people who love you inspite of your faults and failures. They see you as the person you really are...they see your heart. I hope that everyone has at least one good friend and if you have two or more really good friends, then you are truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. This is very true!!! I have found that some of the people I knew in high school did not grow up! Life changes, and some people are brought into your life by God for certain reasons. It is all a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete