About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dreaded Day

This past Friday I found myself face to face with my most dreaded appointment of the year. I was at the OB/GYN's office for my yearly biopsy. Only this is my second one this year. I was there to see if my treatments need to increase or decrease. The needle to administer the numbing medicine is 6 to 7 inches long. It is a catch 22 position on the numbing meds. The shot hurts but the biopsy hurts if there is no numbing meds. I endured the procedure and acted half way like a big girl, except when almost breaking the nurses hand as I experienced unbelievable pain. I was given more pain meds after the biopsy and told to lie there for 15 minutes. Next comes the waiting part to hear about the results. I am hoping for a decrease as long as I can stay safe with the lower dosage. Then the next bad part was riding home from Raleigh on the bumpy I40. That road is not a friend to anyone who just had any kind of precedure. I came home to a nice comfortable bed to rest up for a bit. I hope we don't start making this a habit. One time a year is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment