About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pik N Pig

Every little town seems to have a best kept secret of some kind. Carthage, NC has one of the best I believe. It is called the Pik N Pig. Great NC barbecue and some unusual entertainment as well. The Pik N Pig is a restaurant that serves great barbecue that happens to be beside the Gilliam/McConnell Airfield. The airstrip runs right beside the restaurant and it's open outdoor dining patio. You can eat and watch the planes come in at a really close view. I looked at their guest book and they have had pilots from Rhode Island and Kansas (to name a few) to fly in and eat there. I loved it, and their prices are very reasonable. I decided that it has to be near the airfield because it is off the beaten path and only an airplane could find it. LOL They offer pulled pork, chicken and pork chops plus a variety of deli sandwiches. Oh, did I forget to mention desserts...they have a bundle of them as well.



The Pik N Pig

I got the pulled pork with potato salad, baked beans and a roll. It was yummy, and just a little over $6 for the small plate. I would hate to see the large.

Mark got the pulled pork with potato salad, slaw and hush puppies. Oh, and they have the best sweet tea that I have ever tasted.


We never order desserts, but we couldn't resist when our waitress started naming everything they offered. This strawberry shortcake was the best.




A piece of Coke Cola coke for Mark to bring home.



The restaurant!! Look at those clouds...a storm was brewing!!



The outdoor dining area.


The airstrip. Notice the storm that is approaching...it rained so hard that afternoon.


An old airplane that sits there at the restaurant.
We had eaten here before, but just carry out. The food is great, but you need to go and eat there to get the whole dining experience. Just wanted to let you in on one of Moore County's little secrets.










No comments:

Post a Comment