About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, May 21, 2010

Negative!!!

I got the results of my biopsy this past week, and it was negative. The first time in 4 years that I have tested negative. What a difference time makes. I remember that horrible phone call 4 years ago with the word Cancer bouncing around in my mind. I was so upset that I hung up on the doctor, and immediately called Mark at the church office. The doctor called back and told us to come to her office so we could talk. I was then sent to the head of Oncology at Chapel Hill. Dr. Fowler turned out not to be just any oncologist, but an OB/GYN oncologist. Who knew there was such. For over a year, I saw him monthly and sometimes more than that. Meds were adjusted to keep me safe from over dose and enough to fight the cancer. Biopsies became routine and medical jargon became part of our everyday vocabulary. I felt like I was in medical school, only I wouldn't be getting a degree in the end. My biggest fear was chemo and losing my hair...my reaction was that I had just let it grow long. Chemo wasn't used to treat my uterine cancer, its cousin Megestrol is used. No hair falling out...only weight gain. This med also treats anorexic patients. Bald or fat are the two choices. They took the fat path with me, although I didn't need any help in that department to begin with. So many times over the years I would so sure the biopsy would be negative only to be told that it wasn't. I really had no feelings whatsoever this time. This has just become routine and a part of my life for so long now. I can say that I was honestly surprised when she said negative. My first reaction was, "Thank you Jesus." Negative can be a good thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment