About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Junked Up!!!

This past week while at home, I accomplished one thing I had wanted to do for sometime. I cleaned out my night stand drawer. There were scrunchies, a bulletin, old letters, pictures and a host of other things that didn't belong there. In other words...it was junked up. That is the way our lives get at times. The small things in life weigh us down and junk our lives up. We get busy with busy work and crowd our lives with unimportant things or unnecessary things. This is true in many ministers lives. We get caught up in programs and busy work in the church that we lose sight of our calling. How can your pastor be effective in the pulpit if the church expects him to be at every little function that goes on at the church plus do his visiting. The pastor has to have some time to study and pray in order to prepare for his time in the pulpit. Don't be guilty of junking up your pastor's life. Don't crowd his life with demands that don't amount to anything in eternity. Give him study time and time with his family. Allow him time to prepare for what he is really called to do...preach the Word to a lost and dying world. What is junking your life up today???

No comments:

Post a Comment