About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, May 3, 2010

Laughing With Old Friends

On Saturday, I was scheduled to perform at Ellerbe Fellowship Baptist Church where our friends Kevin and Kelly Thompson are serving. It was their Mother and Daughter Banquet. I just had a ball there, and it was great to see Kelly and her daughter Faith.


Kelly and Faith Thompson
I had to laugh as Kelly introduced me, as she told everyone that she didn't think that Mark and I were married when we first went to Exway. I told her that of course we were married, they let us stay in the parsonage; and we sure weren't shacking up. LOL She actually meant when Mark first started filling in there as the interim in the summer before we were married. Kelly was 14 when we started Exway. As you pastor churches, there are people that are special and you know that you will always stay in touch with them over the years. That is the way Kelly and her family has been. Kelly was 14, Austin was 4 and Justin was 3 when we started Exway. I have so many fond memories of them. Kelly use to come and spend the night with me at the parsonage and we would stay in the guest room and talk and sing the hits of the 80's all night. I have cut her hair and done her nails over the years, and been out to help her feed her pot bellied pig, Lulu. I colored a many of pictures and mailed to Austin and Justin when they were young. Kids love to get mail, and I made sure those boys got lots of mail. I use to play H-O-R-S-E basketball with them and played with the Fisher Price Pirate Ship. Oh, what great memories we have of the Dunn family.

Ellerbe Fellowship Baptist Church

It was great to come and perform there for them, but it was also exciting seeing Kelly in action as the Pastor's wife. Mark married her and Kevin back in 1997 on the 27th of September (the day after our anniversary). In a way we have felt like Kelly has been ours over the years. I am so proud of her as she serves next to Kevin. They have a wonderful family that includes Faith and Garrett. I wasn't sure that I was going to get through my performance on Saturday, as Kelly stood up there and led things....I beamed with pride. She has always been so special to us. I pray that she always loves and follows the Lord. It was wonderful to see her Saturday....I was disappointed that Ieshia didn't make an appearance though. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Small world! Kevin and Kelly used to go to our church. They probably don't remember us because we were living in Charleston and commuting to church in Moore County whenever possible so we weren't there all the time. They are a great family!

    ReplyDelete