About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, May 31, 2010

Freedom!!!

Happy Memorial Day!!!



"and our flag still stands for freedom and they can't take that away." I love the song God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood. It just makes me so proud to be an American when I hear that song. My mind drifts to all the men and women throughout our time who have died defending this country. The sacrifice made by thousands so that we might have freedom. Thank you to all our military who fight for us and to those who have died for us.
I have made a request that my husband has found unusually and laughable. When I die, I want a flag on my casket. Don't spend $600 on those stupid flowers. He told me that I didn't serve in the military, so I couldn't have one. I told him that I was an American, and I wanted a flag. I know that sounds crazy, but that is really how I feel. It's not like I want a 21 gun salute, just a flag.
I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day. We are having a cookout at our house later today with my parents. I have cantaloupe, watermelon, hamburgers, hotdogs, bratwurst, corn on the cob and baked beans. It sounds more like 4th of July. I also want to celebrate my freedom today as well as remember those who sacrificed their lives for it.
"And I'm proud to be an American. Where at least I know I'm free, and I won't forget the men (women) who died who gave that right to me. And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today. Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land GOD BLESS THE USA."

No comments:

Post a Comment