About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Love/Hate???

For someone who grew up on the coast of NC, I would have never expected in a million years that I would be writing a blog about this topic. In my not so younger years now, I have developed a love/hate relationship with the sun. I spat at those words as they leave my mouth. How could I, a Wilmingtonian hate the sun. I practically lived for the days that I could steal away to the beach with my friend, Beth. I have tried every known product to man to help enhance my golden goddess tan. I have tried butter, crisco, baby oil and afro sheen. You read all those correctly. Let me just say that crisco will bubble up white on you, butter attracts bees, baby oil makes sand stick to you like glue and afro sheen...well, it gives you a great tan plus moisturizes your skin. That was my secret in high school. I lived to achieve the best tan ever. Now in my not so younger years, I am paying $50 a bottle for some skin corrector from Clinque to help me get rid of these spots from years of sun worshipping. I did read in a book that brown fat looks better than white fat. If you don't believe me look at a pork chop. The fat is white and unattractive before it is cooked, but fry it up golden brown and it becomes some eye candy. This week I went out to catch a few rays (I am not totally reformed), but I lathered down my face with 50 sunblock. I just can't go cold turkey without some tan, but maybe not on the face. At least not while I am using that high dollar cream to take those spots away.

No comments:

Post a Comment