About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Bucket List!!!

While I love our Christmas traditions that my family has long established...I dream of an old fashion Christmas.  I would love to experience it just once in  my lifetime.
 
 
It is one thing on my bucket list that I hope will become a reality one day.  I would love to be able to rent a cabin in the mountains (with snow) and have an old fashion Christmas. I would love to go out into the woods and cut my own tree.

 
I picture sipping hot cocoa while listening to Christmas music in front of a roaring fire.  Relaxing in a soft robe after a long bath in an old fashion claw tub.
 

I would spend my days stringing popcorn and cranberries to hang on the tree.  Puzzles would be put together and snow angels would be made.  The cabin would be filled with the smell of Christmas goodies baking.  Christmas music, good books  and a hand picked selection of Christmas movies would be our entertainment.  Making Christmas ornaments and crafts would help fill my day.  Homemade soup would warm our bodies at night after a day playing in the snow.

 
There would be sleigh rides through the woods and caroling galore.  Days and nights would only be filled with Christmas activities.  I would love to participate in the local activities where we rented.


Then Christmas Eve would find me at the little country church hearing about my Savior's birth.  I would love going to a midnight service on Christmas Eve sometime.  Christmas morning we would open gifts while wearing our fuzzy pajama's...and then everyone would be called to the table for a big country breakfast.  Reading from the bible about the birth of Jesus before digging in.

 
I pray that God will grant this desire one day.  I get almost misty eyed thinking about how wonderful this would be.  One thing on my bucket list that I hope to accomplish one day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment