About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas in Heaven!!!

My First Christmas In Heaven


I am having my first Christmas in Heaven
A glorious, wonderful day!
...
I am standing with saints of all ages,
Who found Christ, the truth and the way

I am singing with the heavenly choir
I- who so loved to sing
!
And, oh what celestial music
We bring to our Savior and King

I am singing the glad song of redemption,
How Jesus to Bethlehem came,
And why they called His name Jesus,
That all may be saved through His Name!


Oh, loved one, I wish you could be here!
No Christmas on earth can compare,
With all of the rapture in glory,
I witness in Heaven so fair!

You know how I always loved Christmas,
It seemed such a wonderful day,
With all of my loved ones around me,
We were so happy in every way.


Yes, now I can see why I loved it,
And, oh what a joy it will be,
When all of my loved ones are with me,
To share all the glories I see!

So, dear ones on earth, I send greetings,
Look up! Til dawning appears,
And, oh what a Christmas awaits us,
Beyond all our partings and tears!
Anonymous
 

This was the first Christmas in years that I haven't talked or gone to see Nanny Sizemore.  I will admit that during the busyness of the season, it didn't weigh on my mind much.  But this past week, I have really missed her.  As I learn new recipes or figure out a way to make things simple when cooking...I would call her and share my new found knowledge.  I thought a lot about her last Sunday when we cooked breakfast for our Sunday School class...normally, I would have called her and told her all about it.  I would have called her and describe all my cookware that I received for Christmas this year.  It is hard to say that I wouldn't want her back, because she was in great health and had her right mind...she was self-sufficient...until falling out of the attic.  The only reason I wouldn't want her back is that she is finally with Papa Sizemore and I know she has longed for 24 years to see him again.  I also wouldn't want her back if she was going to decline in health.  I know that her first Christmas in heaven was spectacular.  Although at times, mine was a little sad...especially when I wanted to share something with her, but I know she is having a great time.  Just missing her a lot right now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment