About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, December 14, 2012

Sad State of Affairs!!!

As I watched the parents of  Newtown, Connecticut race to the school to see if their child made it out alive, my heart broke into pieces.  For the first time in my life I was genuinely glad not to have children, and that broke my heart. It broke my heart that our country is so bad and full of evil that I am glad I don't have a child living in this mess.  The innocence of so many young lives were shattered by this senseless evil act.  To me a self inflecting gun wound was too good for him.  But what kind of justice is there for one who kills 20 children and 6 adults?  As society, I don't think we could have justly punished him to fit the crime he had done. My heart aches for those 20 parents who will go to bed without being able to tuck their child in....or for the 6 families who have one less parent tonight.  I pray no parent has to go through this never again.

There were two pictures today that are etched in my mind forever.

 
The first one was this mother crying and running down the street on her cell phone.  I never saw another picture of her to know if her child made it or not.  I don't think I will ever forget her face.
 
 
UPDATE:  I have now found out that the lady above is Jillian Soto, sister to Victoria Soto...a teacher that was killed while shielding her children.

This is the other picture.  I saw this father on TV.  They told him something and he just crumbled.  I am assuming that it was not good news as I watched people lead him away without a child.  My heart literally broke into a thousand pieces for him.

I will continue to pray for these families and the children all over the world who were effected by this...I am sure a little boy or girl in another state is now afraid to go to school.  May God comfort those who are hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment