About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, January 25, 2010

Define!!

A juicy ribeye steak

A helping hand

Rocking chair conversations

A country breakfast

Great work ethic

Follower of Christ.

Family

Neighbor

Loving

Trustworthy

Caring

There are so many other things that help define my daddy and the things that he loves and cherish. He is a lover of westerns and the great old shows of TV. He loves a great steak and never misses breakfast. He unconditionally loves his family. Works hard to provide for us. Great neighbor and friend. I have always loved our rocking chair porch conversations. Today another word has tried to define my daddy. The word "cancer" entered our vocabulary today where my dad is concerned. I refuse to allow that word to even be associated with my daddy. My daddy is full of life and this is just a small set back that he will beat. You see, my daddy has always been my hero and heroes are not defeated; they defeat other things. They come out of situations victorious, and that is what my daddy will do...he will be a victor. God gave me peace and assurance of this tonight. You may not believe, but I do. I have the faith of a healing coming to my daddy. "On the authority of the Living Word I rise up and take my stand. I'm a blood bought child of Living God who is the Great I am. I'm heir to all that heaven owns and no principalities can ever take away my royal crown given on His Authority". He promises never to leave or forsake us...I believe this. The God of the mountain is the God in the valley. God is the same. He never changes nor does He break a promise. I love you daddy, but more importantly God loves you; and you are His. Grace Grace God's Grace!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, Tracey! I can imagine you writing it with tears in your eyes. Not sad tears though. Happy tears as you recall all the things that you love about your Daddy and all the things you will continue to love about him after this trial has passed. It will pass. I am standing with you on the Authority of the Living Word (I love that song).
    Your friend and sister,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete