About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hot Lips!!!

I went today to have a make over with a make up artist from Bobbi Brown. I absolutely loved what she did to me. I especially loved this serum that helps with wrinkles and sun damage. I love anything that will help with the sun damage part. Marie was my artist that transformed me to glamorous today...hahahaha!!! I had actually been doing something wrong (shocker)according to Marie. I had been using dark eye shadow, which according to her, shows off my dark circles under my eyes (I have these thanks to low iron). I should use an ivory or pale pink. Who knew???

Belks was over wrought with ladies getting a make over today and lots of great tips. I learned a lot about my skin type and the fact that I have been doing some things right over the years...moisturizing. She paid me a supreme compliment and asked me to wipe off my lipstick. I replied that I wasn't wearing lipstick. She told me that my lips were a beautiful natural rose color (my head did swell for a moment), and she only used clear gloss. I did win a pretty lip contest at Belk's in Hendersonville in 1991. They gave you a sample tube of lipstick and you then kissed a heart and put your name and number on the back. I WON!!! Some nice prizes...makeup and a gift card.
The tall lady with the pony tail is Marie...my consultant. She was very nice and informative. The best part...there was no pressure to buy the product. They just informed me that I could go to the website and buy the things that she used on me. I did buy the brow shadow that she used. I over tweezed one time, and they didn't grow back. YIKES!!! I have thought about doing the threading method, but I am not sure. I welcome comments if you have experienced doing the threading method. I am a wimp when it comes to pain. I have to take a Tylenol when getting my brows waxed. I know that is so pathetic for a grown lady in her mid 30's. I like to know the pain scale before I commit to do anything. Check out their products on their website. www.bobbibrown.com

There was just a frenzy of activity as all the ladies of SP and Pinehurst got made over. Naturally I went over to the clothes section and picked up a few new tops. I was looking for something flashy for my performances, but I just went for funky today. It was a great day of pampering for me...so I just sashayed out of their with my hot natural lips feeling pretty. LOL


4 comments:

  1. no photos of the finished product!?!?!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got rained on...messed it up. I was going to let Mark take my picture when I got home, but ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it so fun to get "made over?" There is nothing better than feeling pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete