About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, January 28, 2010

So Loved!!!

Sometimes in life the emotion of loneliness creeps into our life. I have experienced this more than once during my life. When you are a preacher's wife, people don't flock around to be your real friend. I have never understood this...I am not God and I don't judge you. People always say or do what they think that I would approve of, but I am human. I am not perfect and say and do things that don't please God...it is called being human. I have said all this to say that this week I have felt so much love. Since learning that Dad has cancer my friends have showed an out pouring of love and support. I have friends that love and care about me. Old friends and new friends. The response has been over whelming. Calls, cards, emails and text. I love technology. Spent most of the ride home yesterday chatting with an old friend. Known Barbara since the 4th grade. She has a calming effect on me, and helped me take my mind off things. Came home last night with hardly any gas in our tank (we heat & cook with gas). Called the gas company to leave my name, but their emergency service answered. In a few minutes a man called and reassured me that I had enough gas until today, and he was adding me to the list. Guess what? The gas employee was my friend Julie's husband. I got to talk to Jules. Haven't got to talk to her in a while. It was like God was putting my old friends in my path when I needed them the most. Reassuring me that Dad is going to be fine and they were praying. Oh my what a feeling to feel the love from friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment