About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Time's A Wasting!!

After being sick the past three days, I felt better today. Better not great. I am feeling better enough to be bored. I don't feel like sleeping all day like I have most days, so I have looked for ways to fill my time. I started by looking through all my cooking magazines. It is amazing how many different ways you can fix chicken. There are also about 100 different recipes on hot wings that I have come across today as well. I loved looking and reading all the soup recipes. I just love soup and I am always looking for new recipes. I prefer the ones that freeze well. I have a butternut squash soup recipe that I want to try, but I don't have a butternut squash lying around...I do have an acorn squash though. I was thinking about roasting it. Anyway, I found one recipe that I want to try. It involves shrimp...one of our favorites, and around here not hard to find. Here is the recipe:

Lemon Pasta w/ Roasted Shrimp

2 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt & Black Pepper
1 lb Angel Hair Pasta
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
Zest & Juice of 2 Lemons

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place shrimp on a sheet pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt & pepper. Toss well, spread them in one layer and roast for 6 to 8 minutes, just until they are pink and cooked through.

Meanwhile, drizzle some olive oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add the angel hair pasta and cook until al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Quickly toss the pasta with the melted butter, 1/4 cup olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and about 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking liquid. Add the shrimp and serve hot.

Sounds like something I am going to give a try. I will have to let you know how it taste.

1 comment:

  1. Hi friend! I am so glad you are getting better!!! Let me know how that pasta is...sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete