About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Book Store

I went to Books-A-Million today, and right away I am over whelmed. There are so many books, that I don't know where to begin. I start off in the childrens section. We have 4 little nieces that àre either just starting with reading or they like to be read too. They range in age of 2 months old to 9 years old. The 9 year old is just now getting into chapter books. She also loves High School Musical, so I am trying to find some of those books for her for Christmas. That is our gift this year...books. For Halloween, we got them all candy and books. I love to read, and we are trying to pass that love on to them. Kate, 2 years old, loves books. I send her books all the time to help encourage that love to grow.

Okay, getting back to my book store adventure. I looked all over the store, but made my way back up front to the bargain books. I am a club member, which means I get 10% off...even sale books. I got a few Karen Kingsbury books for $3.97 + 10% off. I also picked up the audio book of The Notebook. It was only $4.97 + 10% off. I mostly got the girls some books. I got Kate and Madelyn some board books on Thanksgiving. All the childrens books were $1.97 that I got. I ended up with 10 books for $21.02 after by discount. Some rang up less than marked. I could just spend hours in there browsing. I will say that there are some freaky people that hang around the book store. There are some strange people in that store.

One of my favorite things about going there, instead of all the books is the coffee bar. I love their peach smoothie. Although today I was stuff from lunch at O'Charley's. They have lots of tea flavors, and hot tea is my favorite. I go to the book store all the time, but after going to yard sales, library sales and thrift stores, I just can't bring myself to pay full price for a book. I guess that is why I head to the bargain table.

No comments:

Post a Comment