About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, October 26, 2009

Coupons

Okay, since reading Amanda's blog with all her savings it has inspired me to clip and save. Here is the problem, there isn't a lot a coupons of things that we eat. We are not sitting around eating piles of cereal or kids yogurt. I do pretend to eat yogurt, so people will think that I strive to be healthy. But regardless of this, I decided to give couponing a try.
This weekend when we got back home, I headed to the grocery store with coupons in hand. I scout out for just the right brands...coupons make you try new brands(on some things..not popcorn). We are now drinking "over the moon" milk b/c with my coupon it was only .99. I got the things that I had to have so we could eat this weekend, then I went in hunt of the items I had coupons for. I may not be a die hard coupon lover, b/c I am brand loyal to some. No matter if it is free, and you don't like it...have you saved anything? I eat Simply Salted popcorn by Orville Redenbacher and no other brand will do. So, unless the coupon is for that specific brand...why bother.
My first total was $77.26 and then I handed over my MVP card and my second total was $69.52. Then came my coupons and my final total was $50.39. Not too bad to have a $27.00 savings my first time, especially since I didn't go to a store that doubled or tripled my coupons. I have really got to get a Lowes card, b/c they double everyday and I pass by one all the time.
I didn't do as good as Amanda, who can go in with coupons and leave out with a buggy full of groceries that she paid $5 for. I don't know how she does it. You're amazing Amanda!!
I did buy a small binder at a thrift store for .10 to organize my coupons. The only problem is now I can't find any organizational sheets that size. I mostly bought the binder b/c I thought it was a cute size.
I haven't given up on couponing yet. I need some professional help....calling Amanda Talbert. I do give others the coupons I can't use...which is a lot. I use more cleaning and beauty coupons. I will continue to try and save money, b/c groceries have gone sky high.

No comments:

Post a Comment