About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Treasures
















I went and did my usual treasure hunting this week at thrift stores. I hit the jackpot on some things. We love to play games and I found lots of nice games this week, and actually a thrift store worker gave me the "Bridge for Two" game. I guess that makes me a MVP customer!!! LOL Some of my finds this week were brand new.



2 brass candle holders (that we will use for our Christmas candlelight service) $1.00

Breaker 19 Truckers game (it is a complete game in excellent condition) .25

Kings in the Court Games (never been played) .25

Go for Broke Game (looks like it has never been used much) $1.00

4 New Holiday napkins (they match my Christmas plates perfect) .50

12 Little Tin Cake Molds .50

2 Brand new puzzles .50 for both

Holiday door hanger .50

New Cross Stitch kit $1.00

Billy Graham Crusade Album .25

Magnetic pen holder .10

Betty Crocker Recipe Card Set (complete set) $2.00

3 Mary Higgins Clark Books .50 for all


I spent less than $9.00 for all my treasures this week. I can hardly wait to go home and start putting my puzzle with the pumpkins together.

I spent this morning finishing cutting out coupons for Amanda, so if you are reading this Amanda you are getting a package from me with coupons. She is so thrifty when it comes to redeeming coupons. I am amazed at much she gets and how little she spends. You will have to check her blog out and see how she does it. http://www.thetalbertreport.blogspot.com/ She is the most thrifty person I know. I think that she should start her own website about being frugal.

I found some coupons for restaurant's in this big pile of papers here. Although, I am not sure if we really save when we have a coupon. The reason is that when we have a coupon, we order an appetizer; which we wouldn't normally do. We had a $5 off at Sticky Fingers last week, but we ordered the onion peels, which we never do. We do save money by ordering water. A tea at Sticky Fingers is $2.89 a glass. That is over $5 in tea charges just for us. Ridiculous!!!

Well, I am off to do a little more treasure hunting and get some lunch. Check out Amanda's blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment