About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Round File

For the last year, I have been attempting to write a book. Not the great american novel, just a historical christian piece that might qualify as a novella. If you have read my info on my Facebook page, you would know that I am only on chapter 8. Not exactly flying through this endeavor that I have embarked upon. I have sat at my computer off and on for the past two weeks staring at the pages and rereading what I have already written, and nothing comes to me. The story is blah and the characters don't appeal to me anymore. I outlined my story, but it just doesn't seem to flow. I recently read Nicholas Sparks bio, and he has thrown out novels that he had invested lots of time and had over 200 typed pages. I have decided that you can't push the story, if it doesn't fit. So then toss it in the round file and go on. So, that is what I have done with my nameless novella...it's in the round file. Not all is lost, because I already have another story churning in my mind. It already has a name. A true story that has sprinkles of fiction woven through the story. I am just now outlining the story, so it won't be finished anytime soon. I have learned that you can't make a story come together because some stories were never meant to be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment