About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Habitat

After lots of rave reviews from friends, Mark and I went to the Habitat store in Wilmington. We are in need of vinyl windows. We hear that the Habitat store has lots of windows at a steal...WRONG!! They had lots of windows, but not cheap. They had new windows from $100 to $150 each. I don't call that cheap. Cheap is $20. Now I know this money is going for a good cause, but please. We went to Lowes to compare and they have windows from $123 to $160. Not much difference in the price, and Lowes has people that are knowledgable and can help you. The Habitat store may be a dream come true for an experienced DIY person or a contractor, but not for novices like us.

There was a lady there buying a toilet. She paid $35 for this toilet. I was outside when they went to load it, she noticed that the handle was broken. Upon further inspection, it wasn't a new toilet. We bought a new toilet at Lowes for $78. Now it might be the most expensive, but it serves its purpose.

All in all the Habitat store was not my thing. Too many things thrown around, and to someone inexperienced as I this is very confusing. I am not sure that all the parts come with the item. I don't think that I am experienced enough as a DIY to shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment