About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Your Junk, My Treasure

As you know, I love to go treasure hunting. Now I don't mean that I have a treasure map and digging up someones lawn. I love to go to thrift stores, flea markets and yard sales and get things I like and need at a steal. What one person sees as junk another sees as a treasure. My favorite thrift store is Whispering Pines Thrift. I mentioned this in another blog. Anyway, these are my treasures that I found this week at Whispering Pines.
Walking shoes that really look like they have only be worn once or twice. I paid a whole buck for them. I love them and they wear so good. Okay, I googled these shoes and they retail for around $90, so that was an extra good deal.

A very nice soft blanket that I plan to leave in the car for when we travel and I want to wrap up in something. I did spent a whole $2 on this, but it was so nice. Came home and washed it, and now it is as good as new.
I got Mark this beautiful tie for .25....can you believe that? If you have went and bought a tie lately they range from $15 to $40 depending on where you are shopping.

This is probably my favorite item that I picked up. It is a condiment holder. I use a lot of Styrofoam bowls when we do hamburgers or hot dogs to hold my pickles, onions and olives, but not anymore. This little baby was only $1.

A Ty beanie baby turkey for our niece Kate. I am putting together a Thanksgiving package for her and thought this would be perfect to include. I couldn't leave this at the store when it was a mere .50.

My genuine suede house boots. That is what the tag inside calls them. Very nice with a bottom that is made to go outside. Only $1 for these babies.


Okay, I really like these as well. They are vintage aluminum spice shakers, that don't look like they were ever used. They are as clean as a whistle on the inside. They have the names of the spice stamped on the side. I got all 8 of these in a bag for .50.

Last, but not least my Vera Bradley Cell phone case. .25 for this one and I am happy to say that it is currently on EBay with 12 watchers. No bids yet, but it still has over 4 days to go on bid. I will have to update you on how well it did on EBay. These are the kinds of things that I like to find to post on EBay to sell. It makes your business very profitable.
All in all, I felt I did really well this week on my treasure hunting. I just can't believe that I didn't get a book. I only spent $6.50 for everything that I got. I could hardly believe it. Someones junk, but now my cherished treasures.







2 comments:

  1. You're amazing!! I adore your treasure hunts! What is your ebay seller name? I'd love to look at your store!

    ReplyDelete