About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cookie Monster!!!

The last few weeks has found me baking cookies.  Not for us to eat...okay I kept a dozen or so.  I made these for business' who help make my life easier.  As you know, we stay part time with my father in law who has dementia.  This can be challenging in several ways...not just dealing with the dementia, but also helping deal with his everyday life and affairs.  I gave the girls at the bank and big platter of cookies, because they know the situation and they let me help with his banking.  I watch him closely and when he forgets something...I step in.  The girls at the bank are wonderful.  They have made my life easier as dementia takes a little more of his mind every day.  Next went a platter to the post office.  These guys have been so nice to me since I have been here.  They have been really helpful in sending out my ebay packages.  They have given me pointers to keep shipping cost lower and saved a few boxes for me.  Next came the library.  The librarian has chased down books that I want to read and has offered a great friendship.  We talk about our situation, she is in the same boat with her mom.  Then there is the pharmacy.  Our pharmacy staff has been so helpful and gone beyond the call of duty to help us.  Not only have they provided great medical advice, but they have become a haven to have some much needed girl talk.  I am grateful for the time they spend talking with me as I take a break from the house.  The cookie monster showed up with just a simple treat to show them how important they are in our everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment