About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Real Christian????

I have become skittish of people who say that they are a Christian. That has become such a loose term anymore. Back in the day as my friend, Leigh, would say Christian meant that you knew Jesus in a personal way...that you had a personal relationship with Him. Now it can mean that you believe in a higher power of some kind or you believe in something or the fact that you went to some kind of service at Christmas. That is not what Christian means to me. It means you know Jesus personally and you believe the Bible and you don't compromise the bible regardless of how it effects you. Some believe the bible until in effects something that they want to do or don't want to do. The bible isn't multiple choice, you either believe it or you don't. It is plainly written and doesn't need my sinful attempt to interpret what I think Christ (who is all knowing and perfect) is trying to say to us. If we are who we say we are and pray, plus listen to God, we know what God is saying through His word. I don't really care to know what some think God is trying to say. I tend to watch or become leery of those who want to interpret the scripture...most of the time they interpret them for their own benefit. The Word is the Word, and there is no changing it...you believe or you don't. I will just say if you don't believe then I would check my heart to see if I was a true believer. There will be lots of people who think that because they are good that they are going to make it into heaven...not so. You can't have a head knowledge it has to be a heart knowledge. Even the devils tremble. God is real!!! My question today is are you a real Christian? Do you fully have that personal relationship with God or are you pretending? Hiding behind the word Christian? I see people say they are Christians are all the time and lots of their actions and beliefs contradict what the bible says...It just makes me wonder. I am not any one's judge, but don't let the devil trick you into believing you are okay. I was like that for years, before I realized I needed Jesus. The devil wants you to think that you are okay...when he really has you. Being a Christian means that you are different from the world...if the world can't see a difference, then maybe it is time for a check up.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with this Tracey! I see people all the time saying they are Christian, but don't live by the word. Do I live every single second of my life by the word, no, I am not perfect. Do I make an honest attempt to live by the word, yes, I certainly do. We are supposed to be living our lives to glorify God, but I don't see many so called Christians living anything to glorify God. I am far from perfect in my walk, and I stumble very often, but Jesus is always there to pick me up, straighten me out, and carry me if I need it. Well written blog, makes you really think! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete