About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Monday, August 30, 2010

No Receipt..No Problem!!

I had to return a printer this weekend to Walmart. There was just one tiny problem, I didn't have my receipt. I have every other receipt that I have gotten from Walmart in the last 6 months except for this one. I actually think that it was the one I threw away and then dumped left over tuna salad in the same bag. YUCK!! Anywho, I thought I would just take my chances and see what happened. I had talked myself out of purchasing another printer (this one was broke). I went in with my printer along with my receiptless self. The lady was very nice. She asked if I paid by check. If yes, then she could look my receipt up no problem. I even had my duplicate check and the number. I thought how cool and easy. WRONG!!! Me having the check...EASY!! Them looking it up...not so easy. Then she wanted to know which register I checked out of. WHAT!!! That was 2 weeks ago, how do I know. I wanted to remark, "one of the only 2 that were open.". Seems that they only way they can trace your check is to go to each individual register and look the check up. How long would that take? Too long for me. I opted for a gift card instead. It actually worked out better. We were going to get gas (it was 2.47 a gal) and with the gift card you get an additional 3 cent off a gallon. No sweat!! The next time I write a check though, I am going to write the register number on the duplicate just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment