About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

This Excuse Won't Stick!!!

Yesterday I go to Walmart (my first mistake) to finish out buying school supplies. Mark and I don't have children so every year we buy supplies and donate to a school for those students who can't afford them or their parents are to sorry to see that they have everything they need. Anywho, I had some glue in my buggy for $1 a bottle. Then I saw a box with a picture of some school glue on the box for .25. I decided to get the quarter glue. I got all that was in the box. When the cashier rang it up it came up $1.68. I told her this was wrong and went and got the box that had the picture of the glue on it. She called someone over to look over things. She proceeded to tell me the bar codes were different and the glue was in fact $1.68. Even after the box with the 12" picture of the glue says .25?? Yep!!! I didn't get the glue, and told them that was false advertisement. They don't care. Walmart no longer cares about the customer. This surely isn't how Sam Walton made it big, by falsely advertising items. In the good old days they would have let me had the glue for .25. I didn't argue, who wants to make a sticky mess over some glue. I was not a happy camper when I left. What am I going to do? Call the Better Business on them. They have the monopoly and they know it. That is why the consumer no longer matters. Where else am I going to buy notebooks for .15 each? They just really stuck it to me yesterday.

PS: My new motto: Make me mad...find yourself the subject of a blog. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Yup, Walmart is nothing like it was years ago, and Sam Walton has rolled over in his grave numerous times since his greedy kids took over that company! Used to you got the item for the advertised price, if it was shelved wrong, or whatever it was Walmart's loss. Now they will flat out argue with you, even when you are in the right. I had a shirt, clearly marked on clearance with a sticker, and they would not give it to me for the clearance price. She told me anyone could have stuck that sticker on there, and I looked at her and said, "What are you implying?" She shrugged and asked me if I wanted the shirt, I said no, and neither do I want anything else that is in my cart. You still get a cashier from the old school that will give you items at the marked price, but most of the new ones will argue you down.

    ReplyDelete