About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Giving Back!!!

We took this past Monday morning to take our donation of school supplies over to Rocky Point Primary.  Every year, we donate school supplies to a school to help them out.  There are two reasons for doing this.  One is to help the teacher's have their rooms stocked for when a student is in need, and in memory of our twin girls, Hannah and Faith.  They would have been juniors in high school this year.  This is just a small way to give back.  A friend of ours gave me this idea about 10 years ago.  He had a son that had died, and every year they help children at Christmas in memory of their son.  They spend what they would have spent on him at Christmas and help make Christmas happen for those who are less fortunate.  I know we would have spent more on our girls than these school supplies totaled, but it is just a way to show that we care about others and that our daughters are real (the were still born).  I got to meet the principal and vice principal of the school.  I was so impressed with the staff that I met.  We just hope that in some small way that these supplies help make some one's year a little better, and eases some burdens off the teacher's . 
A tote full of supplies such as pencils, crayons, markers, rulers, erasers, scissors and rulers.
Our van loaded with composition books, notebook paper and book bags.

1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful of you and Mark to do that! You two are definitely a man and woman of God! God Bless you both!!!

    ReplyDelete