About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Going Back!!!

With school starting just around the corner, I have once again taken a trip down memory lane. As school supplies fill the entrances of every store, I am reminded of those glorious years. Oh, the fun of picking out just the right color notebook. In my day the big decision was going with a unicorn notebook or one that had kittens on the front. I always got a pencil pouch, but rarely keep them in there after the first few days. Picking out a book bag was exciting as it would become your most used possession as the school year rolled by. Don't forget the lunch box. That is what could make you the envy of the class, if you had the right lunch box. I remembering having a Holly Hobby, Strawberry Shortcake and my favorite one The BeeGee's. Although I am not really sure I even knew who the BeeGees were. LOL I loved getting new clothes and picking out just the right outfit for the first day back. The first day was exciting, seeing all my friends again. The newness of the school year was intoxicating as you were a year older. Then reality set in, and you realized that you were stuck here for 180 days. The newness faded into weariness has you prayed for a hurricane to hit (hey, I am from the coast), just hoping for some days off. Then during the winter months you prayed for snow, in my case at the least some freezing rain. The school year dragged by as I wondered why I was even excited about coming back. Before long Spring Break came and the end was in sight. The count down had begun. The last day of school is in sight, and visions of the beach dance in my head. The last day arrives and I say farewell to my friends. 2 months of summer fly by, and before I know it, we are back to school shopping again. I am excited all over again, but give it a few weeks and it will end. LOL


I get a desk for my birthday or Christmas and school play begins. If I only realized that pretending turns to reality too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment