About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

An Award For Me!!!

The Top Rated Seller Award given to me by Ebay!!!


This week I went to the mail box, and got the shock of my life. Ebay had sent me an award. I got Top Rated Seller for March. Now that doesn't mean that I am the top seller on Ebay...not by a long shot. It does mean that I am consistent in the quality of my product, communication with my buyers and I ship very quickly. It is hard to maintain good customer relations via Internet. You don't speak to customers face to face, so you have to get creative. I am also a power seller on Ebay which means that I have to maintain a certain amount of sales...I am talking dollar amount. That can sometimes get hairy in this economy, but we always seem to make it. This award means more to me than the Power Seller status, because this award is based more on how I treat people, not the amount that I sell. I treat people the way that I want to be treated as a customer. If a problem arises, then I contact customers and explain my situation. It only takes a minute and saves you a lot of grief in the long run. Most people think that you list a few things and wait for the money to roll in...WRONG!!! You have to establish a name for yourself on Ebay, and that doesn't happen over night. I started off as a customer that bought lots of cheap items so that my feedback number would climb. Your feedback number shows 2 things: 1. How many transactions you have done on Ebay 2. How the seller/buyer rated you in the way you conducted business. You have to build up trust with the Ebay community to get top dollar out of your product. 2 sellers have the same item on...one has over 1,000 feed backs at 100%, the other seller has 10 feed backs 100%...who are you going to buy from?? Most people don't want to take the time to build a reputation. In the end their item doesn't sell or they just about end up giving it away. I don't know how this blog turned into a lesson on how to sell on Ebay. The fact is that I am proud of my award, and I say a big hearty "THANK YOU" to the people all over the USA who buy from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment