About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, March 12, 2010

Wonderful Week!!!

Despite my hand getting burned this week, it has been a great week.

I started it off with having lunch with my great friend,
Erin Brady. We went to a Greek restaurant in down town called Corfu. It is on New Hampshire Ave, and is definitely worth your time to check out. We got the calamari, and it was a platter full...that impressed me from the beginning. I got the mussels with angel hair pasta. Oh my, was it delicious. I had a great afternoon chatting with my friend and hearing about her recent trip to NY. Next time we have got to go get a pedicure together. Sandal weather is fast approaching, and my feet need a little pampering.

The next best thing about this week is EBAY!!! First week we have had our seeds on, and they are doing great. Last year, it took several weeks for customers to find us, but not this year. Auctions have gone high, and the seeds are flying out of our store. I have had to add more daily, because we have sold so much. Come and check out our
Ebay store. I met a lady by the name of Jeanie on Ebay. She lives in Empire, CA. She plants her whole yard in a garden and sells boxes of veggies to the people in her community at a far cheaper rate than they can buy in their local grocery story. How cool is that? What a blessing to those in her community who are struggling to put food on the table. Produce is so high in the stores, so I know she is a welcomed sight to those who are barely making ends meet. It is called Empire Victory Garden. It is a wonderful idea. Wouldn't this world be so much better, if we all did something like that??

We are going home this weekend, and I must say that I am ready. Just not looking forward to the ride though, but some quiet time spent with Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment