About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Springing Up!!!!

Even though Spring doesn't officially arrive on the calendar until Saturday, you can't tell that in our yard down at the coast. We still have a Camilla bush blooming right along with the daffodils. Our grass is greening up and the clover has sprouted all over our lawn. Some don't like clover, but I do. Have you ever walked on clover with your bare feet? It is so cool. No matter how hot it is outside the clover will be cool. You just have to be careful not to step on a bee. I love Spring, but not all the allergies that it brings. I am already itching (no pun intended) to get some flowers to plant and start hanging baskets everywhere. I have been mentally planning what I am going to get and where I am going to put it. Since I am not there all the time, I have to put things were nature waters them for me. My tulips are up but not blooming. I am shocked with all the varmints we have that they have managed to come up for 3 years in a row.


Our Bradford Pear is blooming. It and our Mulberry Tree along with the plum tree are the first things to bloom in our yard. We have 9 Pecan trees and those are the last things to bloom and bud out. I am not crying about that. I am highly allergic to pecans. Not just the nut, but also the tree, bark, leaves and anything else about the tree.



We took a corner of our yard and made a triangle bed. In the bed I planted lots of daffodils (or buttercups), tulips, Encore Azaleas and my Camilla bush. I also have big pots sitting around that I usually plant Geraniums in every year. There is Lantana that grows on the edge of the fence, that my grandma planted when she lived there. I dug up a huge Lantana plant last year that is pink and yellow and put in a pot on my porch. I didn't think it would live, but it did. I hope that it will come back again this year.


My grandma had planted 4 big Yellow Belle Bushes in a row in the side yard. They are gorgeous when they are in full bloom. I finished out the grow with some Hydrangea bushes and Azaleas. I love Azaleas. They are personally one of my favorites.


These are my favorite daffodils. They are called "Paper Whites". I planted these around a big pecan tree in the front. I was hoping that my daffodils would multiply and I would have lots in the Spring, but so far no luck on that.



I love working in the yard, when it is not scorching hot. My biggest nemesis this year besides the rain is "fire ants". I hate those little boogers. 2 bit me this past weekend. My other job that I hate is picking up limbs. Pecan trees have lots of little limbs that fall from it...so that means I pick up lots of limbs. I want to plant some Crepe Myrtle's, but will probably wait until the fall. Waiting for it to dry out so I can mow over the lawn. Mark says mowing it this early just makes it grow faster and I start the mowing season earlier. I think that I definitely might have "Spring Fever", and we are still 3 days away

No comments:

Post a Comment