About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Deals & Steals!!!

On Saturday, I found myself with 2 ways to save money. One was a $10 rewards coupon from Best Buy. The other was a mystery coupon for Peebles. I already knew that I would be getting Carrie Underwood's latest CD at Best Buy, but I looked the store over anyway. A whole $10 to spend with no catch. This is not as good as a reward that Ken got to spend at Staples, but hey $10 is $10. I never buy a CD so this was a slight splurge for me. Only had to pay $3 and some change for the CD. Got it home and loved every song but two on the whole CD. That never happens to me. My whole $10 that I could spend at Best Buy...with no strings attached. I just had to spend at least $10, which was not hard.
The Carrie Underwood CD that I got to put songs on my MP3 player.

Then I was off to Pebbles. I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to get since I didn't know what my savings was going to be. I saw a handbag that caught my eye, and it was marked down to $11. The coupon was good on regular price, sales and clearance. So, I knew I had to have it.

A very good deal at only $5.50. I actually changed purses in the car before going to eat.

Then I decided that I wanted a really nice pair of flip flops. Dressy ones as I called them. They had a great selection, but they were $20 a pair. I was hesitate until I saw the BOGO half off, so I picked another pair.

I loved these with the stones on them. My mom bought me a necklace like this for Christmas, and I thought these would look great with the necklace. I already have an outfit in mind. Khaki Capri's with a turquoise shirt, the necklace with the flip flops. A girl has to plan!!!

I love these with the polka dots...and for $5 (that is what they were after my discount) who could leave them at the store. Now as my friend Tiffany Johnson says, "I have to make sure to have my toes "did" during flip flop season." She is so funny, and could be a blog all by herself.

When I got to the register the cashier said the flip flops were BOGO FREE. Okay, but that is not what the sign says, she says that the sign is an old sale. Who am I to argue with a store employee?? I just love a "know it all" employee. The sales paper for this week even said they were BOGO 1/2 off. The coupon could be for 20%, 30%, 50% off or a free gift. I figured I would get the free gift...that's my luck. When she scanned my coupon, I got the 50% off. That meant that my shoes were now $10 for both pair (averaging $5 a pair) and my handbag was $5.50. I was so excited. I did ask the cashier what was the free gift...thinking it was so lotion or something like that. Turns out that it is a $10 Peebles gift card that you can use on that purchase. Not a bad day in my shopping world. Only thing that could have been better was if they would have had the white eyelet shirt that I had been watching in my size. It was $56, but yesterday they were marked down to $21...could have had it for $10.50. But I am happy with my deals and steals.

No comments:

Post a Comment