About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Memories!!!

I found Fruit Stripe Gum this past week. I haven't seen any in such a long time. It taste just has good as I remember. I love the green the best. It was so good. I love the little Zebra on the package. It made me think of things in my childhood. Things that when I see or hear their names, I am transformed back into time.


I use to love the cake decorations that you buy at the grocery store. Mark and I bought some of these after we were married...it was only as a child that I really liked these. They were hard as a rock and no taste. Must only like these if you are a child and have never had real icing.


I use to love to watch Wonder Woman...for a brief time I really thought I was Wonder Woman. Oh well, that could be another blog all it's own. Look at her, who wouldn't want to be her and have a magic lasso and an invisible airplane.


I loved Cabbage Patch dolls and the Rubik Cube. I could ever figure out the cube, but I did manage to learn to take it apart and put it back together so all the colors were on one side. CHEATER!!!

As a little child, I love the Weeble Wooble Tree House and my Baby Alive. I had a slinky at one time, and I loved to play Jacks. I especially loved the Weeble Wooble Tree House, "They Weeble and they Wooble, but they don't fall down.. I also use to have the record and book set that you listened to the record and follow along in the book. Coloring has always been a favorite of mine. I still like to sit down with a child and color with them.
I am sure there are lots of things I didn't name, but these are the things that stand out in my mind. Food wise, I have probably eaten my weight in Mac and Cheese. That was one of my favorites as a child along with gum. What toy, food or candy automatically takes you back to your childhood when you hear it's name?

3 comments:

  1. Wow... all of these things reminded me of my childhood! Did you know you can buy Fruit Stripe gum at World Market? They also have several "back in the day" items. It's very cool. I would never ever have remembered having a Weeble Wobble treehouse but now I remember!! Another thing we played with a LOT were paper dolls (no one has those anymore) and Lincoln Logs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to check that out. Don't really remember playing with paper dolls, but I did have me some Lincoln Logs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha on the Wonder Woman. I always pretended to be her, loved Linda Carter as her too!!!! My husband had never seen the show, so when I told him there is a reason she is Wonder WOMAN and not Wonder Girl he didn't understand, until I showed him Linda Carter, then he got it. Now Wonder Woman is his favorite super hero, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete