About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Have We Forgotten!!!

Whenever I ramble around town shopping or running errands, I do one sneaky thing....I eavesdrop. I listen to others conservations...most you can't help but listen to because they are talking so loud. I hear how many people were at church services, how they don't like their pastor or how they couldn't believe who actually made it to church. I hear how they don't like their sons new wife or how precious their grandchildren are to them. I hear how they don't like their job or how they don't have enough time to do the things they love. This week, I over heard 2 old men talking about the war at the PO as I waited to mail my packages. Both of these looked like they were old enough to have served in War World II. They talked about how we should have never gone over there to begin with, and how political all this was and so on. They talked about how the US should mind their own business. I wanted to scream, "Do you not remember September 11th??" I mean it has been almost 9 years ago, but hello. We, The United States of America, were attacked. Have we forgotten those towers falling and thousands dying, or the Pentagon, a symbol of our nation, engulfed in flames. or all those passengers who knew their destination was death decided not to take others with them as that plane went down in Pennsylvania? Have we forgotten the shock and look of horror on people's faces as they came out of those towers or the black cloud that engulfed New York City as those towers fell? Our nation's capital feeling vulnerable and helpless as our Pentagon raged with fire? Are we such callous people that we have forgotten all this? Are we suppose to sit back and let people attack us?? No matter what you think about the war, it is real. I read lots of blogs, and this one blog really caught my eye this week. It is called, "A Little Pink in a World of Camo." I read this blog and tears just flowed down my face. This 23 year old Marines wife was finally meeting her husband after he had been deployed to Afghanistan. Instead of meeting him and smothering him with hugs and kiss, she washed a flag draped coffin with her tears. Her beloved had been killed. We will never understand the why of everything...why this Marine had to leave behind a young wife and young daughter?? I do know one thing, he died for those 2 old men freedom who were grumbling about the war. He died protecting theirs and every Americans freedom and our country of more attacks. Why are we a nation that soon forgets? Why do we grumble and fuss over things that are being done to protect us. If our men and women were not over there, I am sure that there would be lots more attacks here on American soil. Mind our own business...thousands dying on 9/11 is our business. We are known as "the land of the free and home of the BRAVE."...not home of the cowards. Whether you believe the war should not have happened or whether or not we should bring our troops home...our military is dying for the fight of our freedom. Don't discount the fact that real men and women with families are over there fighting for the safety that we feel everyday as we go about our busy lives here in the Good Old USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment