About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Now That's Service!!

Today was not my day in the kitchen. First thing this morning, I grabbed the handle of a cast iron frying pan that was hot. My finger and thumb felt like it was on fire. I immediately called my Pharmacist at The Village Apothecary. They told me to hold it under water for 10 minutes, which I had already done...no relief. Oh yeah, did I mention that I am a big baby wimp when it comes to pain. Everything they told me, I had already tried. I asked if they had anything in stock to take the sting out. They told me to get my doctor to call in a prescription for this ointment that will help me. I was calling Dr. J at lightning speed. His nurse told me that it would be no problem to call it in. Thanks!!! I have now only found relief when I put ice directly on the burn...freeze it!!! The pharmacy had my prescription ready and I was on my way to get it...relief was just a few miles away. I walked in and Herschal had my medicine ready at the counter and it opened. I applied it in a wink...and waited for the pain to subside. It felt better in just a few minutes. Being I only had one good hand, my great Pharmacist Herschal, walked around the store with me and picked up my other needed items. He spent time telling me how to apply the cream and picked out the bandages that I needed. As I left, I thought how wonderful was that...I felt so special. Herschal, Walter, Teresa and Sandy go out of their way to make you feel so welcomed and cared for. Today just reconfirmed my confidence in my pharmacists. I left with the feeling that this is the kind of service that I can get used to. By the way, you know I am an only child, so being doted on is right up my alley. Thanks you guys for great service and the concern you show your customers.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to have a company that you can rely on? I hope you heal up very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! The cream that they told me to get my doctor to prescribe was the trick. It works wonder.

    ReplyDelete