About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Stuck!!!

My last few blogs have been on food, and it seems that I am still stuck on that topic. I am not being very eclectic am I Mr. Loyd? When I get on one topic and can't seem to get off of it. I could tell you how I am over run by seeds right now, but food is better. I was looking through some old magazines at my in laws house(that is not hard to do....magazines everywhere), and I found several neat recipes that I wanted to share with whoever reads this blog.





Baked Green Tomatoes


Ingredients

  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 5 medium green tomatoes,thinly sliced

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
In a small bowl, mix the cornmeal, dill, salt, and pepper. Dip tomato slices into the mixture, coating both sides. Arrange coated slices in a single layer on a medium baking sheet.
Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until crisp and golden brown. You can add Parmesan cheese to these right at the end of baking.


Taco Burgers

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
  • 1 cup salsa, divided
  • 1 cup re fried beans
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1 cup shredded lettuce
  • 1 small purple onion, sliced
  • 1 cup shredded Mexican Cheese
  • 4 hamburger buns, split

Directions:


Mix beef and taco seasoning mix. Shape mixture into 4 patties, each about 3/4 in. thick. Cook until done. Combine 1/4 c. salsa, re fried beans and cilantro, if you like it. Spread on cut sides of buns. Stir together remaining salsa and tomato. Serve patties on buns with salsa, mixture, lettuce, onion and cheese.


I am sure that you can make this burger look a little neater when you fix it. But getting messy is part of a good burger. I thought if you loved tacos you might like this creation.


Campfire Brownie S'Mores

Ingredients:

  • 1 (19.8 oz) box dark chocolate fudge brownie mix
  • 1 (1.7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
  • 15 graham crackers
  • 71/2 (1.55 oz) milk chocolate bars
  • 1 (16 oz) bag large marshmallows
  • 1 (12 1/4 oz) jar chocolate fudge ice cream topping, optional

Directions:

Preheat oven to temperature on brownie mix box. Line a 13x9 inch baking pan with foil, leaving a 1 inch overhang for easier removal of brownies after baking; grease. Bake brownies according to package instructions for either fudgy or cake like brownies. Spread a layer of marshmallow creme on the brownie layer while still warm. Arrange half of the graham crackers in a single layer over the marshmallow creme. Layer the chocolate bars over the crackers. Place 1 large marshmallow on top of each graham cracker/candy bar; cover with remaining graham crackers. Return to the over 5 minutes to slightly melt chocolate and marshmallows. Using foil, gently remove and cut using whole marshmallow as a portion guide. Zigzag chocolate fudge topping across grahams, if desired.

These 3 recipes came from "Looking Back" Magazine. It is a pretty good magazine to check out. Hopefully, the pig-feast of blogs are over. I am itching to write about a new topic now.

No comments:

Post a Comment