About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Big Sting!!!

I go out across our beautiful lush grass, only to do the not so ever pretty or graceful one legged dance. I am swatting and slapping at my foot. Why I do this I don't know because it doesn't help. I look and now see nothing, then pain radiates from my toes. I then spot the little red culprit. A FIRE ANT!! Enemy number one!!! How can one tiny creature cause this much pain? I am amazed at the damage that they can do. I mean these tiny things can kill a cow!!! I am almost a permanent fixture in my yard sprinkling poison on the thousands (not really that many) of hills that we have. Amdro pellets seem the best, but I am not sure they kill them or just run them to my neighbors yard. Never the less, my war with them is never ending. To me they are the pest of all pest. A nemesis that I can never seem to defeat. I long for the day I can walk across the yard and not worry about where I am stepping.

No comments:

Post a Comment