About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pocket Change!!!

I went to Harris Teeter this morning armed with just a few coupons. I thought that I would give this saving thing that Amanda does so well another try, and guess what...it worked. I bought 2 boxes of jello pudding, dawn dish detergent, 2 cans meow mix, Ritz Crackerfuls, French's Dipping mustard and a case of water. I had coupons for everything but the water, but it was an e-vic item this week for only $2.50 a case. I got a buggy and lying in the bottom of the buggy was a $1 off coupon for the water I was getting. I was so excited. It was hard not to put other things in the buggy, but I wanted to buy just what I had coupons for, so I could see my savings. I bought all my items and checked out. I went to pull my checkbook out, when the cashier told me that my total was $2.83. Woohoo!! I didn't need to write a check. Most of my items ended up being free when my coupons were doubled. Not exactly free, but it was just pocket change on this trip.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! It's a rush to see your savings at the bottom of your receipt. :)

    ReplyDelete