About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, June 25, 2010

Trustworthy!!

Okay, I am in Walmart getting a few more VBS items, and I hear this loud scream/crying sound. Naturally it is on the aisle I headed to next. I rounded the corner and found the source for all that racket. A sweet little 7 month old sitting in the buggy, and she is not happy to be at Walmart. I speak to her and she stops crying and smiles. Okay, I am hooked. I keep talking and she starts smiling and playing. I noticed that her mom is at the end of the aisle grabbing everything she can before Chloe (found out her name) starts screaming again. I am not sure how it happened, but I ended up following Chloe and Suzanne (the mom) down every aisle. I played with Chloe while the mom shopped. Then Chloe started reaching for me and her mom just said casually that she wanted me to hold her. Stop!!! I don't know these people. I asked if that was okay, and she said yes. So me with Chloe in my arms follows mom down the aisle. I just came in to buy a clock and pick up crackers. Her mom looked so frazzled and on the verge of a break down, that I had to help her. I remembered what my friend Amy Henderson (can't remember her married name) said about being that mom when a child wouldn't stop crying. What did I give up? 30 minutes of time in my not so busy day. I couldn't believe that a mother trusted a stranger like that...although I have an angelic face(Mark rolls his eyes as he reads that part). Which I did stay close to mom, and didn't take her baby out of her sight. Chloe was the perfect angel for me. I was glad to help out. I just wonder what went through mom's (Suzanne's) head when she fully digested that she let a stranger hold her baby?? Better yet, I wonder if she told her husband?? She just looked so helpless and ready to cry herself. Chloe's problem is teething...she gnawed my finger to death. Luckily, she had teething rings in the diaper bag. I think mom was too over whelmed and maybe hungry and tired from the heat to put it all together. Over all I think I got a real bargain at Walmart today. A chance to help a stranger and 30 minutes to entertain one of the cutest babies ever. Thanks for trusting me!! The pleasure today was all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment