About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lost Arts!!!

There are many things in life that no later exist..the lost arts of America. Two things immediately come to mind that seem to have gone by the wayside here in our country. These lost arts are things that I still practice.

One is the lost art of letter writing. In this day and age of modern technology with email and texting the art of letter writing is almost nonexistent. I remember in elementary school that we were taught how to write not only a business letter, but also a personal letter. I love sending cards and notes to people. I save email and texting for things that I need to tell people immediately. To me there is nothing better than going to the mailbox and getting a card/letter from an old friend catching me up on their life. Every year even sending Christmas cards is on the decline. Oh, a lost art of communicating to our family and friends.

Another lost art here in America is sopping. Other countries still observe this art...especially Italy. I love to sop. I can hardly wait to dip or sop my bread into the sauce of my pasta. I also like to sop the last of my eggs at breakfast. I often wonder why more people don't sop up the remains on their plate. Are they embarrassed or don't they realize just how good those last morsels on the plate can be? When we go to Bdobo's I love to take the sesame bread and sop up all those juices on my plate. That is some good eatin'.

These two lost arts that are quickly disappearing from our culture will be upheld by me. So the next time you see me in a restaurant eatting, don't be surprised to see me sop up the last yummy morsel on my plate. Never be surprised to find a note in your mailbox catching you up on things going on with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment