About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Change of Heart!!

For the last 15 years or longer there have been 2 eating establishments that I have refused to patronize. One being KFC and the other Taco Bell.
KFC fell from my list when I got a piece of half cooked chicken not once, but twice. That just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. There aren't enough herbs and spices to get over that one. The mere thought of eating there would make me heave and feel nauseated.
Taco Bell left my list of eateries when I discovered real Mexican food. Not fast food Mexican!!! Also, Taco Bell is really not that cheap, and they put tomatoes on their tacos with that orange cheese. YUCK!! I hate orange cheese...I guess better known as cheddar.
KFC redeemed themselves with 2 new menu items. The chicken pot pie and the grilled chicken. Also add in the fact that you can get more that mashed potatoes and cole slaw (2 things I hate) for your sides now. I am loving me some corn on the cob. I am still not a die hard KFC fan by no means, but it now can be a suggestion of somewhere to eat. I won't turn up my nose and make hacking sounds if you mention this as a place to dine.
Taco Bell is still not rating too high with me, but I found two things I like. I really love the cherry limeade drink the best. It is so refreshing and yummy. Also, the chicken burrito isn't too bad. And for .99 who is complaining. This still isn't a place that I want to go and do a sit down meal, but I can eat something there. No tacos though...orange cheese and tomatoes. I like the white cheese at the Mexican restaurant. Taco Bell is little someone searching for Mexican food and just stumbled upon this and looked no more.
So now I am not totally boycotting KFC or Taco Bell, but they will never be a first choice or a last resort (McDonald's is still better to me than these two places). I have had a little change of heart. Maybe very little change....I can now take it or leave it. Maybe this blog isn't about having a change of heart...maybe more tolerating these two places.

No comments:

Post a Comment