About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Angels Rejoice!!!

Several weeks ago Mark and I were asked to do the bible story for VBS on Thursday night. As you know, we are not here on Thursdays. We come back every Friday for the weekend, and weren't sure it would be possible. I really wanted to participate because we are at our church so little because we are gone all the time. We discussed it and decided that we could rearrange our schedule for that week. Thursday night is always evangelism night at VBS. It is the night where you bring everything together and point the children towards making a salvation decision. It is a delicate time. You want to share the gospel and allow the Holy Spirit to work in their lives. You don't want to push them into a decision.

It was soon decided that I would tell the bible story and Mark would end it with telling how to become a Christian. Our story was about the crippled beggar in Acts 3 that was healed. The lesson in the story was God Can Change Your Life.

We arrived at the church in the afternoon to decorate and get ready. That is when I found out Pastor Herchenhahn would be in the room with us all evening. I just prayed and asked God not to let me mess up and say the wrong scripture. LOL. I wasn't upset, he is a wonderful man.

All bible story times (there were 4 groups) went well. Then we went to the closing ceremony. At the invitation, the kids were given the opportunity to come and receive Christ. All these kids just got up and starting coming forward. They weren't shy or intimated or anything. They weren't ashame for others to see that they were choosing Jesus. If only adults would be like that.

Mark and I had the honor of leading 5 boys to Christ. I know the angels were rejoicing in heaven. 22 kids at last count gave their hearts to Christ on Thursday night. What a thrill it was to our heart. I am so glad we rearranged our schedule. I would have hated to have missed this blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment