About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Friday, July 2, 2010

Crazy Fit!!!

I am driving through Southern Pines when I see the bank sign that says the temperature is 98 degrees. I am mentally complaining that I have to get out of the car at 2 of my stops. Getting in and out of the heat makes me have a headache. I cruise on down the road when I spot a man carrying a sledge hammer above his head and running up a hill. Close on his heels is this little wisp of a blonde carrying weights. I would be alarmed by the man and the sledge hammer, but I have seen this act before. These are people from the gym down the road. I first think to myself why any sane person would be running in 98 degree weather? Second, I don't think that an ounce of fat probably wouldn't stay on these people if it wrestled them to the ground. Maybe this is why they are fit, because they don't look for excuses to exercise.

I personally can give you 5 off the top of my head. 1. it's too hot 2. I don't belong to a gym 3. walking on the side of the road is dangerous 4. walking on the walking trails are dangerous 5. gym membership is not in my budget. I saved the best excuse for last....I don't like nor do I want to exercise. That is best excuse of them all.

I watched these people run with these objects in this heat and I thought...how crazy is that. I guess they are die hard fitness fanatics. They are probably not sneaking around eating M&M's or scarfing down a Big Mac. They are probably dining on water cress and vitamin water. They can have all the lettuce and cucumbers...give me their steak...I will eat it for them. I have come to the conclusion (actually I knew this all along) that I am not a fitness fanatic...I am not even a fitness want-a-be. I wouldn't mind being thin...I just don't like the process of getting there. A world with raw vegetables and tofu doesn't appeal to me at all. I do my part...I drink diet drink and get sugar free candy. I actually do this because the doctor is convinced that I have sugar problems. Of course, I have sugar problems....I am so sweet (you can laugh...I can't hear you).

So you can run in 100 degree weather if you want. I will sit in my cool car munching on my Chick-fil-a sandwich and watch as run up the hill with a sledge hammer.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! LOVE the blog makeover!

    You make me laugh!! You were watching the people do Cross Fit....which I love. It's actually a love-hate relationship. I love the fact that I CAN do those things but I hate when I am doing it. It is pretty crazy but since I was never atheletic, it's like proving to myself that I can do it.

    Hope you have a great 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete