About Me

My photo
This blog is made up of the ramblings and going on's in my life. Some exciting and some not so much...so I will spice those experiences up. LOL Jump on board and follow me along this journey I call "life".

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Holding On!!!

Have you ever wondered why you hold on to certain items? I have a tote full of things from my childhood. I exchanged letters with my two best friends, Barbara and Karon, for years, and I still have them all. I have all my report cards, awards and certificates from my school days. I have the ring bearer pillow, my shoes, guest book, dress and lots of other things from my wedding. Now, everything I have mentioned so far are things you would expect me to save. I have one thing that I can't seem to get rid of, but I don't know why. Pictured below is a Chanel Ribbon. It was on a package that my dad gave me at Christmas. He got me a huge bottle of Coco Chanel, and this ribbon was on the package. For some reason, I can't get rid of it. I am not exactly sure why that is...he has given me lots of presents over the years, and some have been perfume. There was nothing special about this perfume, it was a Christmas gift. He always buys me perfume at Christmas...otherwise, I couldn't afford it. LOL I have thrown this ribbon away twice only to retrieve it out of the trash. It stays in my overnight bag that I carry back and forth with me every week. I often wonder that since we take care of Mark's aging parents, do I see life as fleeting? I am not sure what is down in my subconscious that won't let me part with a simple ribbon. Could it be that my dad was diagnosed with cancer this year, and some part of me wants to hold on to everything and every memory that I have? I am not sure...I just know that I can't let little piece of a ribbon go for some reason. I will say this, every time I see the ribbon I think about when I opened the gift and thought, "I can't believe he got the huge bottle." LOL I don't understand the need for the ribbon, but for now it will stay in my bag and travel back and forth with me. Sometimes it is the little things that mean the most (okay Daddy, that doesn't mean that I don't want more perfume next Christmas).




The Chanel Ribbon that I can't part with.

No comments:

Post a Comment